What’s the best tuck stance for speed?

• I've recently seen, or noticed rather, that some of the pro DH dudes do a cross-kneed stance. I've also seen some of the old school skaters do a tuck where one leg is completely down flat on the board.

Any advice on what kind of tuck has proved to be faster? Tryna up my tuck game

• @Alex Ribeiro standing straight, arms at side, d**k hard 

• on a real note though, i forget who revolutionized the tuck but one individual started the whole cross knee tuck thing. if u look at very early downhill they did not cross the knee, but it was clearly impactful enough towards top speed that practically all riders on a pro level use this technique.

• @Chris Ramge censored ya fyi 🙄

@Alex Ribeiro As usual: 80% or more of your weight up front. To check this, in any position, you should be able to lift your back foot up at any point without the rest of your body needing to move.

I'm not a expert- I go 35 mph and take slow lines. But here's my take.

A good modern tuck will have the front foot more parelel with the deck than 45 degrees. Back foot with the toe of the shoe on the toeside rail. Then tilt your heel inward ever so slightly towards the heelside rail. This will tilt if you are cornering but I won't get into that.

Your back knee should be touching the back of your calf, I'd estimate- right below the soft back of kneecap area. If you have a wide stance that you don't want to adjust, it will have to sit lower on your calf. Your torso should be touching your thigh for at least half the length your thigh.

Your upper body should be as much of a flat plane as posible, think about it being paralel with your deck like this (=). This means your head will likey be closer to the ground than your butt, and the arch of your back will be the highpoint. 

Note for noobs: it is far easier to lean around corners starting from a tuck, standing up around corners can be harder to lean your body weight into propperly when learning.