Short barrel bushings in DT Mollys

• I've been running the stock setup in these trucks since I got them (80/80 and 95/95 tall) and was wanting to go fully in the fast freeride direction with them now that I have Danger Pros. Went and tested it out this morning with 84/85 Seismic and 88WC in the front and 93/97 Venom HPF in the back and liked it a lot, but have switched to a 95a 88WC in place of the 97a since it felt a bit stiff. Spherical front and back bc I don't like the Riptide inserts, but I have some Venoms in the mail to try soon. Angle spit is 50/30 on a 20" wheelbase Meatgrinder SK

• As you're trying directional freeride (split angles, split duros) I would give running a insert bushing in the back and a spherical up front a try. It's what I personally use & enjoy

• Another note on directional: I also use a short barrel roadside on my rear kingpin only. Might be worth a try! 

• @David Serate no doubt planning on testing it out once the mail gets delivered lol. I have tried that setup with the Riptide APS Kores that come with them and wasn't a huge fan, but I hear the Venom ones fit better once you reduce the edges a bit so I ordered those. Will definitely try a mixed bushing setup on both my Mollys and Danger Pros though, TY

• @Spencer Patton so i have my mollys on a meatgrinder as well. Ive tried a lot of combinations of bushings and ive landed on 85/81 front 95/93 back both sphericals front and rear (45°/25° 21" axel to axel wheelbase). Cupped washers and all tall bushings venom hpf. I wouldnt run standard size bushings with the bushing seats that they have. They freeride really well and are surprisingly amazing trucks. Personally id never want to ride them without the sphericals. They do start feeling really dead with urethane inserts. However they do freeride really well reguardless and maybe youll find what you want out of them set up like that instead. With urethane inserts id go with 87 or 90a venom hpfs, maybe 93a. They do in fact fit snug compaired to the riptides and i prefer them over the riptides strongly. Id do 87 or 90 in front with 73/78 or 78/81 hpf bushings or the equivalent in other brands, and 95/93 or even 93/90 rear with a 90 or 93a insert. Definitely use talls with the urethane insert, youre gunna need that lean. The i serts really tighten things up. These are kinda difficult trucks to dial in but just try everything and youll find something that works mint. 

• I have the new Mollys V2 (same as old ones but with open bushing seat front and 5mm rake front) on a 45º/25º split like @Jon LaPlant in a Rocket do mini nation (20.25 inch wb). I have tried 30º and 20º rear before and I feel like 25º its the sweet spot, not too dead, not too unstable.

I use both sphericals after trying the original riptide and the venom 93 and 95 plugs. I have also tried to use plug rear and spherical front, but damn, the sphericals feel and perform amazing compared even to the venom plugs, that are already a stright upgrade from riptide's. 

In regards to bushings, I haven't tried running short ones but I don't see the point of doing so either. The lean on this trucks is great and I don't have any wheelbyte problems so I feel like it would just increase rebound in a non desired way or create a weird hardstop. Also, I dont want the washers to chew in expensive hangers hahahhaha. I'm currently running tall barrel venom HPF 85/85 front and 93/90 rear with flat washers, but i feel a bit of wobble on high speeds, so I will try higher duros soon. 

With this setup I feel like I can do standups and checks with no problems because the rebound is very controllable while still having a clear center. I've never felt the board launching me to Mars after a slide and getting back on a straight after a quick coleman feels like a breethe, so yeah, very lively and fun until you want to tuck your way over 70km/h on a not-so-perfect road, let's see if I can fix that with harder bushings.

Btw, dont trim the venom plugs, it's a tight fit but I think its very needed, just apply force and you'll get them there.