Seismic Defcon Bushings Review

• Hayo,

Welcome to my review of Seismic Bushings. I've skated them in Don't Trip Slalocybins and I've been freeeiding Paris Savants latley.  I thought the savants are a pretty even keel to understand what a bushing does in a particular formula well and not so well. So here goes.

These bushings have the best feeling and control of rebound I've skated out of Riptide(APS/Krank) Venom, Hardcore, and Ronin factory bushings. They hold rebound real nicely deep in carves and have a less than springy but more than lively return to center that respond excellently. 
    its hard to describe bushings, you can relate them to others, or make some crazy analogy! I prefer the latter so here goes. These bushings are like authentic Mexican food. Not the shit you find up North in Idaho, but I'm talking San Diego shit. With the grease and the fat and all that flavor. They feel better than venom doing what venom does, they feel better than riptides out of the box and feel ore broken in. Usually riptide Aps and krank are my go too but I like a springy lively reactive bushing combo  and riptides are a bit on the to mellow side of that spectrum. The seismic defcon bushings are in my opinion most similar to a tuned downhil hill version of Independent truck stock bushings you get on the tkp trucks.

for slalom they gyrate and react like the knees of the youth, for downhill and speed they hold steady like how a whale breaches the water, fluid, majestic, powerful and kinda slow, for slides they feel like exactly how you want bushings to feel in slides. 
    Try some you won't regret it.

but which to get?
    Standards, Mediums, and Tall are the options. So the mediums only fit boardside of your trucks without a washer unless you stack washers on some Cal 3's with the shim removed (haven't tried this but I'm keen to and I think it'll work?).  Standards and cup washers feel good in savants and run a little more on the soft side than venoms do.
    Talls with no washer boardside and a flat washer roadside felt great slaloming. 

So to recap here's some numbers.

Reaction/ Liveliness: 9/10

Support in speed, slide, carve: 10/10

Rebound: 8/10

Feel out of the box: 10/10

overall score: 92/100 points 

kay thanks bye.

• @Kurt Derow Solid write up. I am a little confused on their sizing tho? Care to elaborate?

• @Matt Needs Wheels yeah.

mediums are the same size as hardcores so they are meant to run without a washer. It's a funky scenario when the bushings are medium heaight but don't have that insert in terms of how gushy they feel, but on the road side it works great. Standards are your standard longboard sized bushing, talls are your regular sized tall bushings. 

• @Kurt Derow I've been using RipTide APS bushings for LDP for a while - primarily pushing, with a bit of pumping, but not much. Would you recommend these Seismic bushings over RipTide for distance skating? Definitely intrigued by the post, and will probably try some soon!

• @Zach Maxon if you like the springy feeling than yeah.

• Newly discovered that seismics are to wide for Caliber Precisions. They need to be sanded and beveled in order to fit them.