Blood Oranges... From a Dance/FS perspective

What yall think, do I have some validity?

• (With all due, genuine respect to Liam Morgan and Full Circle) these wheels aren't built for freestyle. Yeah, I know I'm prolly gonna get some comments like bruh these are freeride wheels, they for slidin. I bought these wheels because I'm p sure Natalie Pluto, and Hans Wouters, who are phenomenal riders, recommend these wheels.

For some context, I bought, and received these wheels for 50 bucks, received them on October 13th, 2023, but didn't use them till later, and they broke January 16th, 2024. So that might sound like it lasted 3 months, I never used these consistently, nor skated the month of December due to finals and travels. Yes, they do feel pretty good for freestyle, however, if it lasts 1.5 months to 2 months for its price point, I definitely wouldn't recommend them for dance/freestyle. 

Even more context, I weigh 110 lbs and this was its first time on the LY Stratus. Because it's a rather long, and heavy board relative to my weight, I don't typically freestyle too much on that board (nor have I really seen it except Andy Pacemaker, dude's insane) 

Out of all my other wheels though, these lasted the least longest, followed by the LY fatty hawgs. Ironically, I know someone who is selling Blood Orange Smokes (66mm/84A),  and I'm thinking of giving it another chance. However, I got another post about Cal 3s I plan to write that make me question the consistency of Full Circle, particularly the Cal 3 kingpin (again, I mean no disrespect or insinuations to the company). The main point of this post though, is that these wheels shouldn't be recommended for freestyle and dance. 

Again, I know that there are a lot of DH/Free-riders here, and I am very grateful and aware of Full Circle and its contributions to the community (especially as a sponsor of this forum). 

• So, as someone who used to do dancing and freestyle a LOT, my friends and I ripped through a few of these wheels. The cores are fiberglass and aren't the most forgiving. Other Blood Orange wheels with diff cores have definitely worked better without ripping the core out of the wheel, but these tend to have issues with high impacts.

Hans and Natalie ride these but I think they don't land primo often and they're pretty lightweight. I'm around 165 and have ripped the cores out of a set in the past sadly, although I've destroyed a couple sets of Snakes too before their time should've been up.

Jammers have done me good so far though. Honestly, I just ride wheels without an exposed core for dancing now mainly.

• @Teplitzskate Interestingly, the wheels that have worked the best for me in dancing and freestyle, and minimally chunk are the 64mm Bustin 5-Os. I used to be a huge Bustin Boards fan but I still think that their wheels are p slept on. 

• Is this a common issue for freestyle/dance? The only core explosion I've ever experienced was on dragonskins, but i don't do dancing. 

• @Gabriel Fockler  I've almost never had these problems since I weigh so little, but the only cracked cores I've ever gotten where on the fatty hawgs, and the blood oranges, except the blood oranges last the least longest. It's not that common of an issue, but stems moreso from the impact forces. How did you break the dragons? That's impressive if it's from freeride and downhill 🔥

• It was kind of swept under the rug, but the first release of dragonskins weren't properly bonded onto the core. The urethane literally popped off the core when i pulled on it. Glad that i pulled over halfway down the hill to see what felt so weird 🤣