What is a Social Push?

• Social Push is a Weekly Session

in Longboarding aimed at getting new people into the sport and connecting existing riders with others in their local area.

Genuinely, social pushes are exactly what the sport needs. Personally, I've found the hardest part of longboarding is just finding people to skate with. When you live in a place that isn't California or North Carolina, it can be tough to get a session together. Social Pushes are trying to end that.

There is no one person who runs Social Push and it's not exactly a full blown organization. Many different geographic locations have a social push and they're run independently by people who have a love for the sport.

Social Pushes are amazing for beginners.

These events involve people pushing around their city, getting tips for progression, learning new tricks and building social circles or support systems.

----------------------------

Here's why you should attend:

I personally have made more friends through longboarding events than I have through anything else. 

When I moved to Los Angeles full time in 2016, I made almost all of my friends through local longboarding events and it genuinely changed my life (ignore the corniness, it's the truth). Not all of the events I attended were beginner friendly, though many were, but the people at the events were extremely accepting and genuinely wanted others to progress and improve at skateboarding and in their lives outside of skateboarding.

Whether you're looking to improve your riding, make friends, or just chill and maybe grab a beer (if everyone in the session of of legal age to drink), you should hit a social push. Even if you're the type that prefers to skate 60+ mph at 8am on a tuesday.

Please check out the threads for social pushes in your local geographic area:

USA West - CA, NV, OR, WA

USA Northeast - CT, DE, DC, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT

USA East & Southeast - AL, AR, FL, GA, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

USA Great Lakes & Midwest - IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, OH, SD, WI

USA Rockies & Southwest - AZ, CO, ID, MT, NM, OK, TX UT, WY

USA Off the Mainland - AK, GU, HI, MP, PR, TT, VI

Canada

Europe & UK

With love,

Christian

• Social Push groups seem absolutely rad. I'm highly considering starting one in my area, but I know that I'll be moving in the next few months so it can be hard to find the motivation to do so. Plus, it's Central FL, and I'd rather not be hit by a car (5 of the 20 most dangerous cities for cycling are in Florida, which is wild).