Valkyrie Truck Discussion

• I wanted a thread for Valkyries because I was curious about the differences in the different Valkyrie truck models.  I've owned two sets, they were both MK3 DH's, the first being 145-155 45/Adjustable and the second being 135-145 45/30's.  I enjoyed them with Kranks talls all round (I think 90s front 93 rear in the wide set and 87 front 93 rear in the skinnier set) and tall fatcones boardside on the skinnier set.  I ended up selling them off because I didn't like how they felt in corners/on the edge of traction.  Has anyone tried the newer 3mm raked DH's or the 1 bushing slalom downhill version? How do those compare the 2mm raked versions?

• Don't know if my feedback will be useful. 

I ride a Zenit Draft for downhill, with Valkyrie MK3.5 DH version in 160-170mm. Fixed baseplates in 45° front and rear. With the deck wedge and dewedge, it gives 55° front and 32° rear.

I ride them with 98A Cuei Hydro Tech bushings.

I have been riding Magun precision trucks, Bear Smokeys Gen 1, Randal Luge, Randal R2, Randal R1, Kahalani, Gog Big brother in the past. And to me the Valkyries are just the perfect trucks. Stable, accurate and lively

• I found that even with risers and the adjustable plate the Valkyries are just slide trucks. They are meant to drift, so in corners they are already preloaded for sliding. I've ridden the one bushing mk3 slalom and I have to say it makes the wheels stick to the pavement in a pinner slalom way.