Baseplate Compatibility Thread

• This thread was long overdue.

So basically Abuga posted this chart a while ago on his site (downhill254.com) and it's been floating around for quite a few years. Obviously it's old, probably from around 2013. Originally someone posted it on Silverfish and it's made its rounds by now. I remember using this back in the day to try split angle stuff and I still play around with baseplates today for this reason.

Some trucks have shared geometry and pivot sizes so the baseplates are swappable for different angles.

Low angle = more stability, more lean, less turn.

High angle = less stability, less lean, more turn.

So here's the key for the chart:

Here's the chart:

One of the most common baseplate swaps out there is Caliber Hangers or Paris Hangers w/ Randal 35° Baseplates. I currently use this on my main DH/FR setup - Caliber 9" Raked 44°/35° and I find it's pretty damn good.

Also if you find old Caliber kingpins aren't durable enough (I've read this around a few times, but never had the issue myself), you can just swap to a Paris Baseplate since the kingpins have lower tolerances.

Anyone know any compatibility of Bear Gen 6 trucks? Honestly really want to try them in 130mm but can't find a low enough baseplate. I don't like de-wedging and messing with height. Don't even suggest it to me :^).

• IMO small wedge or riser in the back to raise the back of the board just a little bit is the move for anything 130 or below with a big split (15 degree or more of split). For your purposes tho, im pretty positive they are dropping a 30° plate soon, might be worth it to just wait for those. 

• @Chris Wroblewski ok fine, maybe I'll try it ♥️

What's the purpose of raising the rear? I've always been neurotic about keeping it 100% level.

• Most ronin stuff is cross compatible with itself fyi.

Boardnamics needs to be on their, 48/33 split precision cals esentially for a little less, and a extra 10 mm of width. Anything else? 

• I believe for lower angles on bear gen 6 trucks you can use bear precision baseplates. Never been able to find one for sale though.