Seismic Deltas

• TLDR: if you like alphas but want something with more breaking power, roll speed, ability to hold lines, and snap, these are for you.

Heres they're mounted width compared to magnums (slightly more inset)

I've been waiting for these to come out for a while, as many of you have too. Im definitely a certified seismic fan boy, so the second these became available on thier website I grabbed a set. I got to ride these for the first time at reddish knob this Sunday 9/8. Conveniently, my buddy was riding a fresh set of mango alphas. I was on the fresh yellow formula g loc deltas. The plum 74a alphas would have obviously been a better comparison, but that's what we had at the time. Mango alphas have fairly resilient skin as I've rode a couple fresh sets before. But the deltas skin outlasted the alphas by alpmost twice the amount of runs. They feel very familiar to alphas. Obviously they have the same core so that could be part of the reason. The thane is definitely new and impressive, but if you skate a lot of defcon they will feel familiar. Much like the alphas, these had the hourglass shape proud lips, making the first couple slides in either direction extremely aggressive and snappy. Their roll speed also seemed superior. I really wish i could compare thes to mags but ive just never ridden a fresh set of mags before sadly. However i can say these have a conciderable amount more breaking power than alphas. Seeing that pro riders can use the plum alphas and be competitive on those compared to venoms magnums, these are definitely gunna shake the waters. Looking at the wdsc wales event podium, its nice to see 3 different race wheels performing at that level for the first time in years. I'm excited to see more experienced riders and racers put these to the test and share their opinion. Please, if you have any questions ask away and I'll be sure to respond to the best of my ability. Cant wait to ride these more!!!

• Do they invite Freeride maneuvers/ standies like the alphas? Or are they a whole different beast in terms of breaking traction?

• @Kurt Derow I can't really answer that cuz I haven't tried, and alphas are far to grippy for me to freeride yet. Id imagine they'd give an experienced freerider a hard time tho. I could see people doing fast squatters on them like any other racewheel