Archive Of Old Silverfish Reviews

• Back in the old SF days, I was somehow a Top 10 reviewer on the site.  When they went down, I scrambled to save a bunch of my own content and other stuff that I found useful.  As I've found free time here or there, I reposted a bunch of my old gear reviews to my blog: https://shopmonkey.wordpress.com/category/gear-reviews/

If you dig a little, there's a comparo between 70mm ZigZag wheels and 70mm Orangatang wheels, a LOT of weird/obscure gear, and even a bit of street skate content.

• I was also a Silverfish regular and recall reading your reviews! Thank you for archiving these. There is a lot of old and obscure gear which was only documented on the 'fish, many passionate works just lost to time.

• @RobustOrange I've also got a whole section on the blog dedicated to old Silverfish threads: https://shopmonkey.wordpress.com/tag/silverfish/  Some of the coolest ones were threads from, say, 2007 asking about speculation on the state of the skate scene in 10 years (i.e. 2017)

• @Eric Sparrow this is so sick and i still need to dive into it more, thank you so much, 

If you want anything on here as a backup, lmk what i can do to help with that

• @Matt Needs Wheels Allow me to counter your offer - is there anything specific that you want?  I've got a decent chunk of everything I saved posted to my blog, and I've got a bunch of stuff archived at ISSA.com that pertains to slalom skateboarding.  Because of boring things like work and school, my Google Drive where I saved all the Silverfish stuff has become cluttered and unorganized (and it's been 7 years) so I don't distinctly remember what I have saved anymore, but would be willing to look if there's anything special that you want.

edit:
    Actually, does this site have the capability of hosting video?  I've got a ripped copy of The Gravity Games Thrills And Spills that I burned a bunch of DVD's of.  I'd love to see that hosted somewhere as long as it wouldn't run foul of NBC and their lawyers.

• Thanks a lot!!

• @Eric Sparrow Any discussion that still would be relivent to todays age would be huge and I could get on right away, but pretty much anything at all that I could take on I will (though it'd likely actually get taken care of a couple months from now, as I am honestly still dissatisfied with some mechanics of this site and that'd come first)

• Also btw you can still browse most of silverfish on wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/

Obviously, you can only read and not post anymore but if you need to make more backups there you go!

Here is a 2017 snapshot

• @Sam Diefenbacher I feel that "most" is a little inacurate, at least when I was looking around. Lots of clicking around lead me to dead ends.

• @Matt Needs Wheels You may have to load different snapshots to get to exactly the right post/link to load but I've looked up old form posts on there with success. It can be tedious for sure.

• @Sam Diefenbacher Agreed, did sooooo much digging through it to look for remembering what I hated and loved about it on there. Which took forever.

When there is more site content/traffic on here it will be expanded to look a tiny bit more like silverfish.