Return of Savants

• nature is healing 

• Better make narrow ones and low angle

• Where did you see/hear of this? 

• Day 1 of spreading misinformation? (I hope its fr- 140 for forged rkp is a good deal imo)

• The broken embedded image makes this post extra funny 

• That hanger end looks pretty short, I'm guessing these are gonna be about 140mm? Hope they use an integrated plug barrel this time around. Or if they refined the old hanger insert that'd be cool too.

• @Matt Wrongboarding @Jon LaPlant 

• @bhr yooo

• ~140mm savants with 50 30 plates would go stupid. Fingers crossed 🤞 

• I've just been thinking for a while that that Paris and Bear should release new forged trucks with “narrow” hangers (around 120-140mm) and common DH baseplate splits (like 50, 45 / 30, 20 or so). I think there has been a lot of unmet demand for these over the last few years where people have been chopping and savaging their Kodiaks and Savants to meet the new setup standards. It's about time to have a ready to rock solution for split angles and narrow hangers that isn't +400€, and the first ones to release will make good money.

• @F Llabata Absolutely. I'd especially like to see a 30* forged plate from the likes of Paris so there's an accessible Randal geometry plate for hangers compatible with that. Currently the lowest accessible option is the ancient Randal 35 plate.

Also Bear really needs to distribute their 30* cast plate. It's supposed to be a thing but is seemingly vaporware at this point.

• I would not get your hopes up for a new baseplate option or hanger smaller than 150mm. The original Savants used cast 50 and 43s, just had them anodized to match the hanger. Paris does not cater to downhill, I know of a couple DH flow riders that got done dirty recently.

@RatBürger Bear image was from end of august this year

• @Gabriel Fockler Akward, I've honestly really displeased with this site, it's been a huge headache from the backend to do anything, and I concluded it's not a skill issue a few months ago, moving forward with transitioning to another host soon is hopefully getting the green light from the other 1/2 of wrong asap.

• @bhr The poor man's aera return, and Savants are actually such good trucks, I am super stoked on this. I am curious what width they will be though. Hopefully something in the range of 140-150mm.

• @Andrew Todd i have a set of 165 savants. Ive swapped them out for caliber 3s back and forth like 3 times to see which ones i really prefer. The calibers imo are a lot better. They feel really consistent and they seem to be able to hold out slides a lot easier and slide theough imperfections better. If they re release savants i hope they update them in some way. Ive realized theres nothing really special about them and paris v3s are kinda just as good if you church em up with the right bushings and pivots.

• @Jon LaPlant Thats totally fair. I dont have any experience with the Cal3s but id like to try them. I agree with you that if they do re release the Savants something does have to be updated more than just the hanger width. Hopefully a slop stopping system like the Cals have with the plug bushings. 

One thing that did elevate my expercience on the Savants was the pats risers insert. If you haven't tried that out I would give it a shot. They are really inexpensive. 

• @Andrew Todd yeah ive always used them with pats interts since theyve came out.