When are bushings and pivots done?

• Hi All, 

I use aftermarket riptide bushings and pivots, and am just curious when they should be replaced? I've never gotten a tear, but have replaced them when one face turns a bit black. 

Am I replacing them too early?

• You don't replace them after every session? You're cooked. 

Nah just kidding, I would swap them each spring maybe? It's hard to feel when they're worn out, but I can tell when I put in new ones once a year or so. 

• Youre replacing those things way too early. Just wait for them to look like they've been chewed on by a dog. 

• I've never had to replace Riptide pivots due to wear, and I've had some for 7+ years in some trucks. Riptide bushings hold up very well over time as well. Generally bushings will compress and become shorter over time which can affect truck geometry, but this is more common with Venom than Riptide and mostly happens with overtightened trucks.

• @RatBürger NGL u should change em

• @Matt Needs Wheels Any explanation as to why? They function fine and aren't visibly worn. I know the WFB lubricated 'thane technically has a 5 year lifespan, though I haven't had issues with them squeaking. Can always just add soap shavings like any other pivot cup if they get squeaky.

• @RatBürger Matters the use I guess, but for dh specificly the small cost savings isn't worth it to me compared to being 1000% certain you wont have a gear issue there. If they are not working right things are less fun.

• In my experience you should swap bushings about every 3 years. After 4-5 years they changed so much that replacing them with the same kind will feel different and you will have to get used to the new bushings despite not changing the setup. 
    On pivot cups i wouldn't be worried about rebound or duro changes, only slop. Some Pivot cups have lasted me 5 years+ before developing a bit of a gap. Even then you can extend their life by wrapping some tape around the pivot if you're cheap like me.

• @Philipp Murx Your pivots have issues before you have a gap tho. The same way your bushings feel different, so do the pivots, pre gap.