NOT DJERBA'S! Custom Rojas Hangars on a Prototype Racing deck

• I'll immediately address the elephant in the room: These are NOT DJERBA'S! They are custom Rojas Hangars, designed to interface with old Rojas Hybrid baseplates.

Specs:

Deck: Custom Prototype Racing. Max thinks it's an old Landyachtz Canyon Arrow, but he doesn't remember.

Trucks: Rojas Hybrids, with custom-designed hangars, designed to interface with old Rojas Hybrid Baseplates and Aera 4140 Axles (+8MM). Trey Nasteff and I designed these ourselves, and worked with a local machine shop to have them CNC milled. They are SICK.

• Hangars: 90mm wide, but ~109mm wide with the Aera axles installed. 9.5mm rake
    • Front Baseplate: 45° (standard), 3° wedge from Pat's Risers, so 48° total
    • Front Bushing: 86a Red, 11mm thick
    • Rear Baseplate: 30° (CNC-machined), 6° wedge from Pat's Risers, so 24° total
    • Rear Bushing: 93a Gray, 11mm thick

Wheels: currently Cuei A1 79mm, 75a. But I'll skate whatever big chonky race wheels I can get my hands on.

Bearings: Zealous, standard built-ins with metal ball-bearings. I am a ceramist, I wrote my Ph.D. dissertation on hot-pressing ceramics, and I have published scientific papers about technical ceramics: Andrew Schlup, Ph.D., Google Scholar. So naturally, I am biased in favor of ceramics. But, I still see no benefit to ceramic ball-bearings (at my skill level).

Griptape: Gangster Grip

Foot-Stop: Scythe T-Rex, v1., with a strip of footbrake-rubber attached via double-sided tape.

Toe-Stop: a crappy old riser that I found in my skate-gear box. Apparently I had cut it in half and sanded it down into a wedge years ago, so it works pretty good for this purpose.

Torque-Block: Prototype Shapes

Hardware: lol, no idea

• Diy roja hangers, very swaggy. 

• Course cutout on the grip is dope

• I bet you have to trim wheels that are too wide. Boom roasted

• @Marshall Cook / Blank Wheel Co eyyy, guilty as charged. 

• Were these at Dirt Farm this year? Swear i chatted briefly with somebody who had a set of these.

• @Emmet Kabel they sure were!! Or at least the v1's were.