Caliber III vs. Cast Rogues - Help me decide!

What trucks should I use?

• Setting up a new board that I intend to relearn faster skating on, and I'm looking for trucks. I've so far narrowed it down to either Caliber III 44s in a 9-inch width or the Rogue Cast trucks at 160mm width. Here's some specifics.

Deck: Meat Bicycle Meat Grinder (33x9.25, 20-21.25 inch WB)
    Discipline: Light freeride (I'm not super fast at this point)
    Wheels: 65 to 70 mm, likely centerset or barely offset withh round lips (I have a different board for going faster, this one is more for fun)

Years ago I skated Caliber 44s and I loved them, but with the thread on kingpins breaking, I'm open to something new. Let me know!

• in my experience cast rogues only come alive 25+ mph, or way least the ones i had been on, i think calibers will suit ur situation better. post some pics of the board once its set! 

• Don't feel its cool for me to put out a opinion on either of those since we sell em, but I will provide another alternate: Paris Savants. Love em. 140 new so a little bit more $, though you will have to buy em used.

• I've skated both pretty extensively, and I prefer the cast rogues. Call 3's are really good trucks and will probably be more forgiving as far as just doing big slides. The rogues will have a good bit more turn but will also be more stable at higher speeds and more directional in slides through corners.

If you do get the rogues I would recommend using venom kegs and softer duros than you normally do. For reference, I ran 85/90-90/93 in my Call 3s, and run 81/81(keg)-90/90(keg) in my rogues.

• I'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet... but I don't think you'll have a good time on that short of a wheelbase on a symmetrical setup. I'm not saying you need to go full slalom, but it would definitely be a lot better to handle with at least a 15° split. Symmetrical setup would make the back truck far too lively even at the speeds you're talking about... it could be sketchy in a fun way but it has an equal if not greater possibility of being at least a level of terrifying. 

Bear Gen 6, get a 50 and a 40, and hit up Pat's Risers for a wedge, set the back up at 25 or 30. Still budget friendly, but I feel like it would suit that deck much better. 

• Neither of those sound very good to me. I have a lot of gripe with cal 3s, and the rogue casts fucked up the pivot sizing so they have a lot of slop. 

If you're riding a wheelbase that small, you should just buy zealous trucks. I started a review thread for mine a few months back. 

If you're going to do casts, I would suggest paris 150mms. You want the big split described by the poster above. 

43* 150mm paris, buy a set of 7* wedges. That would be sitting at 50/36, which is more appropriate. Then get venom barrels, pat riser inserts, riptide pivot cups, and flat washers. 

Bear trucks are pretty shitty so I would steer clear of those. 

• @Zach Maxon I was reading some of the comments and a couple of people had mentioned asim baseplates because of the small wheelbase. And while it's definitely something to think about, it isn't as big of a deal as some people like to make it seem. Plenty of people, myself included, have riden small wheelbase sim setups. You get alot of benefits in terms of slide control but you will lose some stability. This can be compensated for with practice but may be a struggle since you are trying to relearn. I would suggest finding a cast truck (if you have the money definitely precisions) that has baseplate options, so if you feel to unstable you can drop that rear baseplate angle. Either way, hope to see some clips soon broski!

• @Chris Wroblewski agreed on this, and gonna add a few of the cast truck options out there are compatible with 35 degree randal plates. 

My buddy @Chris Ramge went medium baller mode between cast and precision trucks and just got precision baseplates from another company on both ends, forget which co tho.

• This got much more traction than I thought it would! I appreciate all of the answers and the feedback, for sure. @Chris Ramge and @Matt Needs Wheels thanks for the insight! Matt, if I could afford Savants I'd get them, haha. @Tyson Jennings good looking out on the bushing info - I wouldn't have known that about Rogues, and if I get them I'll be a bit better prepared now.

@Bobomatic I'm not too worried about buying asym bases so much, because I have a ton of wedges thanks to LDP being my main discipline. I remember enjoying riding symmmetrical setups, so I'm defintiely going to give it a go and play with wedging/dewedging if I really need to. As for the Bears, I'm not too big a fan of them. I've tried them in the past and just couldn't dial them the way that I wanted to (same could be said of the Aeons I'm loving right now on another board, though).

@Gabriel Fockler I'd consider Zealous if I were going to be skating faster in any sort of a serious manner, and if I could afford them! What's your issue with Calibers? I'm riding Paris 150s on my Supersonic and I like them so far, but I remember them being super squirrely back in the day on pretty much any topmount setup.

@Chris Wroblewski I'm definitely not too concerned with asym, either. I never did it back in the day, on any length wheelbase, haha! I don't mind struggling at first either, thankfully. I appreciate the vote of confidence! I will definitely get some clips once I get it all assembled, though they won't be massively impressive haha

• Ended up going with the Calibers, and I am happy to report that they feel great just putting around! It's definitely lively, and I really like the way that it feels. Threw some 65mm Fireball Tinders on there - I don't plan on skating anything bigger than 70mm so I was able to go really minimal with (I think) a 1/4" riser. Probably could have gotten away with less, but I'd rather not risk eating it, haha!