Banana Wheel Co. - Peels

• I have been riding my peels for a few weeks now and they've become some of my favorite freeride wheels.  Retail is at $50 so they're not the cheapest wheel but also not the priciest.  They come stoneground and have a smaller contact patch than snakes with a slightly assymetrical shape, though I do not think they are offset cores.  I skated them first at Talega, and standups were incredibly easy off the bat.  The stoneground surface provided for a consistent feeling in slide and in kickout from the start, and the wheels have seemed to only get smoother as they've broken in and gotten a slightly wider contact patch.  They have a kind of chalky feel in the slides but not as much as say some Seismic Mango Defcon Encores.  They're not as soft feeling as snakes but still handle rough pavement well, and I prefer the feedback they provide in the slide at speeds.    They've allowed me to push my freeride game quicker than before, and with the narrow contact patch they were extremely consistent in rain skating at Tepe.  They wear fairly evenly, and I usually only find myself rotating my peels once per session if at all.  (I currently weigh 145lb so wheels also tend to last, but Powell's and Drifts seem to wear slightly quicker for how I skate)  They are an incredibly slidy wheel, but still require a little bit of precarve and a solid kickout for the best feeling slides.  Standups on these personally feel much safer, and I've progressed my toesides in speed a fair bit thanks to these wheels.  If you haven't tried them I highly recommend them, and if you have input on the Banana Wheel Co. Milkshakes I'd love to hear about them.

• ITS A PEELDEMIC

• Sounds good! I need to try them.. 

• Awesome! I have a set of peels but I haven't skated them much. This makes me want to give them another go!

I have skated the milkshakes and I liked them. They felt like any other 78a clear thane wheel, really dumpy thane. Similar to 919DH Dreamsicles.