Rocket Rooster Review

•        The Rocket Rooster has been my main freeride deck for a bit over a year now.  With wheelbases from 25-27 inches and a width of 9.75 and fairly straight rails, this board feels pretty big.  However, there is some sort of hollow core construction going on that makes this board feel relatively light for the size.  Kickouts and hooking up feel like they take less effort than a heavier deck; I think the light construction may give it a more nimble feel for the size while freeriding.  It has pretty minimal concave with a minimal "elliptical" concave, which Rocket says is a mix of tub and radial, with .25 inch micro drops.  This allows your feet to feel pretty comfortable anywhere on the board, which I enjoy.  I wear a size 10 US, and this board is perfectly skateable, though I'm not sure if I'd ride it as much if my feet were smaller.  I don't really have anything bad to say about this board, it feels great on trucks as small as 158mm like Caliber 3's, and I've ridden it on up to 176mm K4's.  It's tanked a good amount of hits, and seems reasonably durable.  I wish they were slightly more given the price tag, but it seems to be a tradeoff for light construction or durability at this price point.  I've aquired a few decks while I've owned this one, but the majority of my time skating in the last year was spent on this board.  I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a comfortable freeride and or downhill board for symmetrical or near symmetrical trucks.