Weight+ board help

• HI so I am trying to setup the new Cal precisions on a board with a 2.5 lb weight and a 23" wheelbase. Currently running 44/30 and it feels kind of bad. Like the swoop isn't tuned to the geometry of the setup. Anyone got any tips on how setting up weighted boards goes best?

• What setup where you skating before? Where did you place weight? 

Post a picture of the setup 🙂

• Gonna need a photo to comment more specifically, but how about you just take the weight off? I tried those new cals at that angle and they felt good. 

• @Kurt Derow what do you mean by swoop?

• @Kurt Derow at a 23 inch wheel base I don't necessarily think you need a weight yet. I feel like the weight would come in handy from 20"-17" wheelbasses. I'm on a 23.5wheelbase,  I'm riding the same truck configuration without needing the extra assistance of the weight underneath my feet.

Let us know if you need more input to figure this out.

• @Kurt Derow this may be biased by personal preferences, but I feel like that split is too small and a 44 in the front just won't have the swoop for me either, weight or not. And like others said, the wheelbase might be too big? 22" is the biggest I've tried with a weight, but that was a long time ago  

Pics would help, but it could be your weight is too close to the front truck too. My weight felt best located at my heel when my foot is angled forward at 45° or less (like pointing to the nose). And for me, that's actually ~0.5-1" further back than the Pat's Risers weight-hole template can reach. 

• @Alex Campos apologies I'm riding a 26.5 wb

• @Kurt Derow I run a 4lb weight with 17.5 in wb 48/20 split and it feels great. Might work better fully committing to a small  setup vs trying to find a middle ground. Also not sure what "swoop" means 

• @Matt McLean you got a pic of your setup? I can't remember what deck and trucks you ride.